26th Feb 2014
This year i intent on focusing on the treatment of personality problems.
I have booked several courses thsi year aimed at developing the skills and knowledge of working within this client group.
I am currently booked on CBT for Personality Disorders presented by Professor Kate Davidson in May.
Additional to this I intend to undertake the DBT training this year.
Dialectical behaviour therapy
Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) is a psychological therapy for people with borderline personality disorder (BPD), especially those with self-harming behaviour or suicidal thoughts.
If you have been diagnosed with BPD, you might have experienced the following:
- intense negative emotions (anger, shame, guilt, sadness, fear), which you find hard to control.
- impulsive behaviour to control your emotions, including self-harming, using alcohol or drugs, binge eating, purging etc.
- unstable relationships and fears of being abandoned by others
- feelings of emptiness
- mood swings, with your mood going up and down a lot
- suicide attempts
DBT was specifically developed to address these problems.
Information taken from the MIND website.
- NEW : Occupational Therapy Service - 16th Sep 2016
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Lancaster is ten years old ! - 16th Sep 2016
- CBT Therapy for children young people and families - 3rd Mar 2015
- Training 2014 - 26th Feb 2014
- Supervision of IAPT trainees from the University of Salford. - 26th Feb 2014
- Masterclass with Professor M Freeston - 5th Jun 2012
- EMDR update. - 5th Aug 2011